Monday, June 28, 2010

Monday?!

Crikey (yes, I've just said crikey; it's my new favourite word), I can't believe a week has gone by since I've last posted here! Time flies -- and I've been busy working on lots of projects.

I've just finished the second draft (a complete rewrite!) of The Hating Game, my novel due out next year under pen name Talli Roland. While the basic elements are the same, I've made several plot changes which had a fairly major cascading effect, necessitating a lot of plunder and rewriting. I started the third draft today and while there is still a lot of work to be done, it's coming along! (You can add it to Goodreads here, or preorder from Amazon here.)

I've also started giving some thought to my next novel, and I've been hard at work writing a short story for a competition being held next week at the Romantic Novelists' Association Conference, which I'm looking forward to attending! The topic is anniversary, and let's just say my story has to do with an anniversary of a rather non-traditional kind... It's been ages since I've written a short story and I have to say, as fun as it was, it was also very difficult to get a whole story arc into 1400 words!

All that, and 24 Hours Paris will soon be available as a ebook via Amazon and Smashwords.

And that's basically where my week went! It's a scorcher here in London today and I may go curl up under a tree in the park. So much for productivity...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOOHOO!!! Way to go girl, awesome job on the re-writes! I'm sure that The Hating Game is going to be awesome! I wish I was reading it now!!

Yay for the release of the e-book! If I ever visit Paris I know what book to purchase for sure!

Happy Monday!